Family

Family

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sheep Bite

I usually love Sundays. I love going to church.... the worship service... the teaching and the fellowship afterwards. The love that flows from brother to sister is intoxicating, unless it isn't there... then church can feel toxic. Almost like being smothered. Someone once said to me that church is where sheep go and sheep bite.

What do I think about all of this? Well, I think I have a decision that I can make. I can allow the sheep to bite me and then feel all the pain from their attacks. I could wallow in the aftermath of the attacks and then make sure everyone who knows and loves me knows about the attacks. I could internalize those attacks and then attack other people. Making SURE that the world has the REAL picture of the sheep that attend church.

Or, I could run after the Father, the Shepard with my pain. I could show Him the wounds and I could let Him clean them, and bind them. I could tell Him all about my feelings and get out all of my anger. I could let Him pull me into His arms, tuck my head into His chest and breathe in His essence. I could take the moments of love that He gives to me and make sure that the WORLD has the real PICTURE of what a CHILD of the living GOD looks like.

I am a child of the living GOD. What do I choose? Hopefully you can see from my picture.

2 comments:

  1. I love this... Thank you for sharing your heart. ~RR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca. It is my heart, I am blessed that you saw it.

      Delete