Family

Family

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Is Patience A Virtue? And Is Patience Worth It?

I have heard over the years that "patience is a virtue". When I wanted something that I was not prepared to have..."patience is a virtue". When I tried to achieve something I could not..."patience is a virtue." This saying seems to be a panacea for all the loss, the regret, dreams that have died and focus that has gone astray. Is patience truly a virtue?

I have said this to my husband, to my children, to my friends, and even my clients. " You need to be patient. What you desire will come to you in time." What I have failed to add to this and others have failed to tell me, is that patience is expensive. It requires something to achieve it. That something can be a part of yourself, or your business, your finances and even friendship. Sometimes what you need to do is greater then what someone else can pay for. Is patience worth it?

Well, I guess that depends on what the cost is for you. Are you willing to pay the cost for patience? I personally have issues with this area of life. I want patience, I strive for patience, I have even *gulp* prayed for patience, but it seems to be an enigma that eludes me regularly. I am more patient since I have become an older adult ( I refuse to day the F word), however, it is still a struggle. I have lost a whole lot in the waiting game, but I have also gained too. I am still in the waiting game right now. Waiting for my marriage to go the distance, for my business to stretch to the next level, for some of my relationships to mend or be severed for good. But all in all... I desire patience. Why? Because I need it in my life to achieve my dreams. To stay focused and not stop right in front of  the finish line. So, today... decide for yourself... Is patience a virtue? And is patience worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment